31 Delicious Things To Cook In March
If it’s warm enough to actually go to the farmer’s market, you might as well take advantage.
WHAT’S IN SEASON:
(This will vary depending on the time of the month and where you live.)
ArtichokesArugulaAsparagusAvocadosBeetsBroccoliBrussels sproutsCabbage CarrotsCauliflower ChivesCollardsEndiveGarlicGrapefruitKaleLeeksLemonsLimesOnionsOrangesParsleyParsnipsPotatoesRadishesRutabagaTangerinesTurnips
1. Paprika Parsnip Fries
2. Swedish Meatballs
Click through for a truly excellent step-by-step photo series. Recipe here.
3. Easy Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
4. Challah Pretzel Bread
5. Buttery Braised Leeks with a Crispy Panko Topping
James Ransom / food52.com
6. Crepes with Whipped Meyer Lemon Ricotta
7. Stuck-Pot Rice with Lentils and Yogurt
Face it, you usually burn the bottom of the rice a little bit, anyway. Might as well do it on purpose. Recipe here.
8. Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Salad
Yes, another brussels sprout salad. Because they are the best. Recipe here.
9. Dad’s Friday Night Pasta Dish
A giant spaghetti/lasagna/pizza hybrid that everyone will love. Recipe here.
10. Bacon Beer Bread
11. Winter’s Revival
Kimberly Hasselbrink / bonappetit.com
If coconut water can cure a hangover, then surely putting coconut water in the drink will prevent one altogether. Recipe here.
12. Chocolate Caramel Liege Waffles
13. Curried Sweet Potato Soup
14. Dehydrated Citrus Wheels
Because they’re easy and really, really stunning. Recipe here.
15. Popcorn Pudding
16. Chicken Pot Pie Pizza
Are you still breathing? Or, did you literally just DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN!?!? Recipe here.
17. Harissa Lentils and Cauliflower
18. Caramel Soy Sauce Sticky Pork Ribs
19. Pot-Roasted Artichokes
Michael Graydon + Nikole Herriott / bonappetit.com
Artichokes might not show up in markets until later in the month, but start taking advantage of them immediately with this super-flavorful one-pot dish. Recipe here.
20. Blood Orange Buttermilk Poundcake
21. Chicken in Milk
22. Chocolate Eclipse
Just eat it straight off of that spoon. Recipe here.
23. Roasted Asparagus and Gruyere Soup
Andrea Bricco / sweetpaulmag.com
24. Creamed Swiss Chard with Lemony Breadcrumbs
Christina Holmes / bonappetit.com
25. Beet Salad with Candied Marcona Almonds
John Kernick / foodandwine.com
26. Beer-Battered Fish Tacos
Penny De Los Santos / saveur.com
Sure, fish tacos seem like a summer thing. But, isn’t it better to eat these outside of bikini season? Recipe here.
27. Smoky Roasted Mushrooms
28. Affogato Speciale
Ice cream, amaretto, espresso, and stout? I’ll take three (for real, though… they’re small). Recipe here.
29. Red Wine Poached Pear Tart
30. Honey Salmon in Foil
It’s hard to beat a recipe that takes 25 minutes from start to finish. Recipe here.
31. Garlicky Kale with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes and Cheesy Brown “Grits”
Perfect for a meatless Monday dinner. The recipe calls for a specific brand of rice farina, but feel free to substitute any kind of grits. Recipe here.