1. John Mulaney just got his sitcom greenlit at FOX.
2. If you haven’t heard of him yet, you are about to.
3. Funny or Die says “He speaks like he’s from the ’40s and looks like he’s still in high school, yet John Mulaney is one the sharpest comedians of this generation”
4. He originally broke onto the scene on VH1’s Best Week Ever
5. During his 2 years with BWE, John also wrote for Important Things with Demitri Martin
6. Living in NYC and hanging out with Seth Meyers at ASSSCAT, he was asked to audition for Saturday Night Live
7. They said “No, you can’t be a cast member, but would you like to be a writer?” And I said “absolutely.
8. So has he written anything you would recognize? For one, he co-created Stefon with Bill Hader.
9. Bill Hader: “It was super-inside jokes between John and I. It’s like a whole country watching John and I laugh at our sense of humor.”
10. After writing 10 shows for 8 weeks (it was election season), John flew off to record his first album
11. Huffington Post says “The end result is a criminally overlooked album that’s original, painfully clever and, at the risk of hyperbole, funnier than most things that currently exist or will exist.”
12. In 2012, he released his second album: New in Town. And its awesome.
13. But you don’t have to take my word for it. Funny or Die made awesome graphics with some of his jokes. I will let John take it from here
16. John. See you in Primetime.
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/tjb2/john-mulaney-sitcom-gets-greenlit-for-fox-7kc6