Having Curly Hair: Expectations Vs. Reality
I love my curls, except when it’s raining…
1. Expectation: Your hair looks great before going to bed, and it will STAY great for the next day.
Reality: Your hair has grown three sizes for some unknown, horrifying reason.
Walt Disney Pictures
Basically, if your hair touches a pillow, or sheets, it will rebel in the meanest way possible.
2. Expectation: You’ll take a shower and by the time you’re dressed it will look FABULOUS.
BBC / Via youtube.com
Reality: 4 hours later and you’re still waiting for it to be completely dry.
3. Expectation: You’ll straighten your hair and it will be like some silky blanket.
sarahelps.tumblr.com / Via MTV
Smooth. Controlled. Easy.
Reality: Sorta straight, sorta not, in general.
If there’s so much as a drop of humidity, it will find you and wreak havoc.
4. Expectation: You can play with your curls as much as you like.
Reality: The more you touch the BIGGER and BIGGER it grows!
5. Expectation: A breeze will whip by and make you look like some foxy supermodel!
animesgifs.eklablog.com / Via CW
Reality: That hair has now found a new favorite spot, and that spot is right in your eyeballs.
6. Expectation: Every day your hair will be perfect ringlets and make your head look like a beautiful crown of curls.
Reality: Maybe not.
7. Expectation: You’ll brush your hair everyday.
Because that’s what people do, rightttt?
Reality: Bye bye, brush! I barely knew ye!
8. Expectation: It’s raining! Time to bust out the umbrella!
Reality: It’s raining, which means you are absolutely not leaving the house, or so much as opening a damn window.
9. Expectation: Letting your hair be naturally curly is wayyyy easier than straightening it.
Reality: Is it though? Is it REALLY easier to tame my curls?
Let’s count all of the products I’ll be using today… Can I use my fingers AND toes?
10. Expectation: Bad hair day? Put a hat on that!
Reality: You can wear a hat… you just can’t take that shit off.
11. Expectation: Your curls will consistently be CURLY.
Universal Pictures / Via tonsofgifs.tumblr.com
Reality: Parts of your hair can be SUPER curly, others can be totally not.
Like snowflakes: No two curls will look exactly alike!
12. Expectation: Your hair will frizz, but it can be tamed with products and a little curly TLC.
13. Expectation: Time for a haircut! You’ll try a new hairdresser and feel fly as fuck.
whatshouldbetchescallme.tumblr.com / Via Cartoon Network
Reality: YOU’VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE.
youtube.com / Via Warner Bros.
Why did you go to this person who has no idea what to do with curls!? DEAR GOD, WHY.
14. Expectation: You are having an AMAZING hair day, and life is LOOKING GOOD (as are you).
Reality: A good hair day means you won’t be showering for days, because a shower means the end of that hair.
FOX / Via curvingwherewhen.tumblr.com
15. Expectation: You’ll put your hair in a ponytail on “bad” hair days.
Reality: You’ll spend hours trying to get that hair tie out without ripping off all your hair.
16. Expectation: People will constantly tell you how much they WISH they had curly hair.
Reality: You totally get it. Even though curls can sometimes be a pain, you’d never trade them for anything else.
Curls = Awesome
Want more awesome buzz in your life? Sign up for the BuzzFeed Today newsletter and you’ll get our hottest posts in your inbox every morning!
36 responses to “Having Curly Hair: Expectations Vs. Reality”
Leave a Reply
Previous Post: Top 10 Science Fiction Weapons
Next Post: You better believe everything is gonna come up Milhouse suckas!